For those who haven't heard of this game, it basically lets you "rock on" to some popular and not so popular rock tunes as if playing a guitar. You could use the standard D Pad game controller or for the ultimate experience purchase a Guitar controller.
Unfortunately I don't have the guitar controller though, and would probably buy it if I can find it in a local store. I wanted this so bad, I almost picked it up from a shop that was situated in Dream Land. Unfortunately the alarm woke me up before I could pay using my credit card.
So whats better than Guitar Heros 2? No its not Guitar Heros 3, but rather a Free & Open Source clone called Frets on Fire!. Sure it doesn't look as good as GH2 but its got some feature that makes it better. But before I get to that, have a look at this dude "rock on" in Frets on Fire using the GH2 Guitar Controller
So what make Frets on Fire an awesome alternative:
- You can use a full size keyboard and hold it similar to a guitar
- You can import all GH2 sound tracks, if you've got the GH2
- Its got the ability to import new songs unlike GH2 where your stuck with the tracks that came with it
- There is an inline music editor within the game
- Runs on GNU/Linux, Mac OSX and Windows
- Free in every way
So check out Frets on Fire! Chances are you'll either burn the keyboard if not your fingers.